Monday, August 25, 2008

Packing & The Wonder of Craigslist

T- 6 days & counting! I'll be moving back to my hometown of Portland, Oregon this coming Sunday. I did not spend the weekend up to my elbows in felt, working on my t-shirts, I spent it packing & getting ready for my LA exodus.

I have a love/hate relationship with moving. I LOVE to move, but I hate packing. Luckily each time I move (at least every two years it seems) I get rid of more & more stuff - therefore less to box up! There is something very zen about clearing all the clutter & crap out of your life & starting fresh. Well, either that or I'm just too lazy to pack it all ;-)

Thanks to the wonder that is craigslist, I got rid of all my furniture except for my bed! Mid-day Friday I finally decided I better put an ad for all of it on craigslist & by early afternoon on Saturday it was all gone! You've got to love that website. I'm hanging on to my bed for one more week, so I don't have to sleep on the floor.

I only take what will fit in my car, so yes this will be me next weekend. If you see me heading up I-5, give a honk & a wave!

4 comments:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal

Anonymous said...

You are so witty, I enjoy reading this blog. Have a safe trip and hope you don't have to sleep on the floor.
RK

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Craigslist does rock. I will go with the zen factor vs the lazy just to give you the benefit of the doubt. Looking forward to having you back in P-Town.

Sherry said...

OMG that picture has me rofl. I can't wait to see you pull into the driveway!